Monday, June 2, 2014

good morning beautiful.

The birds are chirping. Jinx is frolicking. I am enjoying a big bowl of mango a la Evita and with a delicious cup of coffee. Good morning sunshine!

Some say it is a sin to taint coffee with milk and sugar. Which, yes, it does alter the delightful flavor. However, in my book, there are those mornings that call for a straight cuppa joe. And then, other mornings call for the lavish addition raw honey and a dollop of coconut cream. These mornings make me feel like a queen. It is like waking up to someone saying, "Good morning sunshine. Look how beautiful the world is. I painted it for you."

After my parents left on Saturday evening, this small trailer felt large and empty. The two days they spent here, we explored some neat places around the Shuswap. Everything was enamoring; the grass-fed gouda cheese farm, an organic Irish brewery, the rushing waterfalls.

Breakfast with them was my favorite. Farm fresh eggs cooked atop sautéed onions, flopped on a slice of fresh garden tomato. Homemade mango, ginger kombucha. Fresh ground coffee. There was no hurry, just appreciation and satisfaction. It was marvelous.

All things do change at some point. This morning it was obvious, as my wake-up consisted of Jinx readjusting herself in my arms. The morning started out warm and relaxing. When I woke up I knew it would be a queen coffee sorta day. I put on the hot water, took care of some morning business, then stepped outside and gave the world a salutation and cheers.





No comments:

UPDATES FROM ALASKA

UPDATES


I posted more pictures on 9/13, click here to view