Friday, April 21, 2017

little victories.

My bare feet gently sink into cool mud, and I close my eyes to connect. The sun warms my naked extremities as the grass tickles my soles. “Grounding,” they call this. Let the earth absorb your stress. “Earth,” I say, as I smile to myself, “you can take it all, every last drop!” and let out a deep, heavy sigh. 

The pressure on my chest has been growing these past few days. Change is brewing and staying on top of my sh*t, is exhausting. I take it moment by moment. To get through the days, I make lists of things that need to be accomplished, and I check them off. This provides a certain amount of satisfaction, and keeps impending doom at bay. 

During this time, to keep myself from switching into robot mode, I’ve incorporated the joyous struggle of self-care. A 30 minute yoga video in the morning, going for a walk, cuddling with my kitty, or taking a bath with a beverage in a fancy glass… These little acts of affection and appreciation towards myself help me remember why I am doing this. They bring love back into my life. And, it is the love in these little victories, help me stay present, refocus and persevere.

1 comment:

Mom said...

More, I want more as your writing, your humor and thoughtful reflections brighten my days.

UPDATES FROM ALASKA

UPDATES


I posted more pictures on 9/13, click here to view