Saturday, July 18, 2009

paint.

A few of the latest additions to the apartment are a lamp, light coverings, a bathroom rug, a luxurious cushioned toilet seat, a violet plant and robins egg blue, a lighter version of Robin’s egg blue and mint green walls. One of these days I will capture the beauty of this recent transformation the apartment has been subjected to, it is definitely something to share with the whole wide world.

Painting was a task bigger than we had anticipated, not because painting was a new experience for us, or the walls were huge or there was tons of detail to fill in, but for reasons having to do with the end result of the colors we ended up with. The colors on the paint chips were nothing even remotely close to the colors that ended up on our walls.

Just so we are all on the same page, revamping the apartment is something that Laura-Catherine and I have been talking about for awhile and to finally have in all of the proper supplies ready to go, we were almost unstoppable. There were four of us painting, three rollers and a brush, we all started in different rooms hoping to be efficient, conquering the entire apartment all at once, which actually ended up creating more work rather then less.

The color I started with turned out to be a decent green, I was happy and just kept right on painting. It wasn't until I stepped out of my own little world for a minute to take a break that I saw the robin’s egg blue in the breakfast nook(adjacent to the living room), then I checked the hallway and was struck by the bright mint green. I didn’t even try and hide my disappointment, or dislike for the new 80's remodel. Fortunately for us, the two colors least aesthetically pleasing colors matched, and the decent green was the one that clashed. After discussing this "minor issue" we settled on painting over the decent green by adding white to the breakfast nook color and painting the living room with that. The decent green was salvaged for our bedrooms, it was a bit dark for the size of the rooms so we added some white to lighten it. It has started to grow on me and matches the sofa so it isn't all that bad.

No comments:

UPDATES FROM ALASKA

UPDATES


I posted more pictures on 9/13, click here to view